While straightening your teeth comes with so many positives, some patients may be nervous about a few aspects of the braces process. Fortunately, there’s an effective new way to receive minor orthodontic realignment that’s more comfortable and inconspicuous than braces — clear aligners.
The team at Fredericksburg Orthodontics offers teeth aligners from Invisalign®. These aligner trays function like invisible braces to straighten your teeth while staying under the radar. Invisalign trays are comfortable to wear, and you can take them out at any time. That means you’ll speak clearly as ever while enjoying your favorite food and drinks during your treatment. Schedule a complimentary consultation with us to discuss Invisalign’s clear teeth aligners today!
What do clear teeth aligners fix?
Clear aligners fix numerous minor to moderate orthodontic problems. Dr. Almy or Dr. Arroyo-Pratt will work closely with you to see if invisible aligners are a good fit for your situation. We use aligners to treat the following issues:
- Crowded or crooked teeth: When teeth are too close together and begin to twist out of place.
- Gaps: Two or more teeth that are too far apart.
- Underbite: The lower front teeth poke out in front of the top teeth.
- Overbite: The upper teeth overlap the bottom teeth beyond what is normal.
- Crossbite: The jaws don’t align properly, leading the upper teeth to sit inside the lower teeth on one half of the mouth and the opposite on the other side.
- Open bite: The top and bottom teeth don’t touch, whether the mouth is open or closed.
Benefits of invisible aligners
Clear aligners offer a viable alternative to braces. Our patients choose invisible teeth aligners for various reasons:
- Comfortable to wear: You’ll get used to wearing your invisible aligners in a matter of days. Before you know it, you’ll be speaking normally and hardly remember you’re wearing them.
- Hidden in plain sight: Invisible aligners feature clear plastic materials that show your bright smile. People will only notice you’re wearing your aligners if you decide to tell them.
- Easy to clean: Caring for your aligner trays is as easy as rinsing them before and after you wear them. You can also brush your aligners with a soft brush and clear liquid soap.
- Removable any time: You’ll wear your aligners almost all the time, but you can take them out at mealtime or when you brush your teeth. Maintain your normal lifestyle while working toward a stronger smile.