Who Is a Good Candidate for Traditional Braces?
Children and adults alike make good candidates for traditional braces. If you have dental imperfections you want to improve, traditional braces could be an ideal option.
Some common oral conditions that can be treated with traditional braces include:
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth.
- Excess space between the teeth.
- Bite problems such as underbites, overbites and crossbites.
What Are the Benefits of Metal Braces?
Traditional metal braces offer patients many benefits, including:
- Comfort: Technological advancements have made today’s metal braces more lightweight and comfortable than ever before.
- Style: You can choose from a range of colorful elastic bands at each appointment to create your desired look.
- Dependability: Traditional braces are a proven method for achieving a lifelong healthy smile.
- Prevention: Traditional braces can prevent other oral health problems like tooth decay, gum disease and jaw issues.
Tips for Getting the Best Results From Traditional Braces
Once your braces are on, there are several steps you can take for the duration of your treatment to optimize your results:
- Maintain good oral hygiene: Regular brushing and flossing help prevent plaque buildup and other issues that can hinder the success of your braces treatment.
- Make smart food choices: Hard and sticky foods can damage your braces. We recommend avoiding foods like caramels, nuts, popcorn and chips.
- Attend adjustment appointments: Your orthodontist may need to adjust your braces periodically throughout your treatment to ensure your teeth move into their proper positions.
- Wear your retainer: Once your braces are off, you’ll need to wear a retainer for a certain length of time. Wearing your retainer as directed helps keep your teeth in their new positions.
Why Choose Fredericksburg Orthodontics?
Fredericksburg Orthodontics is a top-rated orthodontics practice serving Fredericksburg, Virginia, and the surrounding communities. Patients come to us for exceptional patient care in a fun, friendly environment.
Dr. Almy has treated more than 12,000 smiles during her 16 years in practice. As a board-certified orthodontist, she has the skills and expertise to treat a diverse range of orthodontic conditions. When you choose us, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing you’re in experienced hands.
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation Today
If you’re ready to transform your smile, schedule an appointment with us today. You can call our office at 540-227-6998 or request your complimentary consultation online today.