Lingual Braces in Fredericksburg, VA
As technology advances, orthodontic treatments become more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.
As technology advances, orthodontic treatments become more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. While many people choose traditional metal braces to align their smile, there are other options. Lingual braces from Fredericksburg Orthodontics are one subtle choice that many teens and adults prefer.
Lingual braces are applied to the back — or lingual — side, which is practically invisible to others. As you go through orthodontic treatment, your teeth will become straighter without displaying your metallic braces. We can determine whether lingual braces are a good fit for you.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Lingual Braces?
Lingual braces can be ideal solutions for patients who want to correct tooth placement without the appearance of traditional braces.
While lingual braces can address most issues, their placement on the teeth’s backs may be less effective for specific problems. Some severe overbite cases require traditional braces. Our team can determine whether you are a good candidate for lingual braces when you visit our office for a consultation.
15+ Years of Experience
Benefits of Lingual Braces Behind the Teeth
While braces of all types have the benefit of straightening teeth, lingual braces have unique advantages, including:
- Appearance: The brackets and wire attach to the backside of your teeth, so these braces are impossible to see. You can continue smiling confidently and watch your teeth straighten over time.
- Efficiency: Lingual braces can handle most bite and jaw issues seamlessly. There are exceptions, but lingual braces are ideal for correcting misaligned teeth, crowding and gaps.
- Comfort: These brackets are specially designed for your teeth, so they have a smoother, more comfortable design. They do not touch your cheek, which can be a sensitive spot for those with metal braces.
How to Care for Lingual Braces
Proper care can prevent plaque buildup and ensure overall tooth health. Follow these tips to care for your lingual braces:
- Brush and floss morning, night and after meals.
- Use a mouthwash to help remove bacteria and plaque.
- Use floss designed explicitly for braces.
- Avoid sticky, crunchy and chewy foods that could get stuck in or break your brackets.
- Talk to your orthodontist if you have any concerns, excessive pain or broken metal.
How We Can Help
Fredericksburg Orthodontics is dedicated to quality patient care — our awards and certifications prove it. We have over 400 five-star Google reviews, an American Board of Orthodontics certification and over 12,000 smiles in our history.
When you turn to Dr. Almy and Dr. Arroyo-Pratt, you can enjoy flexible payment options and professional service. We keep our prices the same regardless of treatment method so everyone can get the best care for their needs. Our team is here to help you love your smile, whatever it takes!
Contact Us to Learn More
Whether you, your child or a loved one needs lingual braces in Fredericksburg, we can help. Fredericksburg Orthodontics has over 16 years of experience helping children, teens and adults with premium orthodontic care. Our staff will treat you like family and help you look forward to each appointment.
Schedule a consultation today to get started — we can’t wait to see you!
Based on her skill and expertise with the Invisalign® teeth straightening system, Dr. Diana Almy is an Invisalign® Diamond+ Provider. That means, Dr. Almy has completed over 10K cases and ranks in the top 1% of all providers in the nation!